S2 DHC Boot Release Cable

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
jmgtaylor

#1 S2 DHC Boot Release Cable

Post by jmgtaylor » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:26 pm

does any one know if this cable can be replaced without replacing the whole boot lock mechanism, ? 60 + vat from SNG is a bit steep.

Mark

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

daverawle
Great Britain

#2 Re: S2 DHC Boot Release Cable

Post by daverawle » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:07 pm

jmgtaylor wrote:does any one know if this cable can be replaced without replacing the whole boot lock mechanism, ? 60 + vat from SNG is a bit steep.

Mark
Mark,

I bought a replacement S2 locking cable from SNGB for my S1 and the price you quote was ball-park for the cable only. S1 cables didn't lock but I thought it would be a nice upgrade. Up to now I haven't fitted it and the ?12 one from Vehicle Wiring Products is still doing a good job.

Dave
1963 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kingzetts
Great Britain

Post by kingzetts » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:21 pm

I did the same as Dave - bought the S2 locking variety for my S1 and again I recall the price was in that ballpark. The cost is in the locking handle assembly, not the cable. You could probably go the other way and fit a non-locking one which would be cheaper, or depending on what's wrong with it you could connect a new cable to the existing lockable boot release handle - it can't be that complicated to remove the old cable from the handle.
John '62 S1 OTS (now sold)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic