Page 1 of 1
#1 Windscreen trims
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:18 pm
by Daveyk
Any tips on fitting the top chrome trim to the windscreen on a series 2 2+2
I just cannt get it to fit flush, should it be glued in place ?
#2 Re: Windscreen trims
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:16 am
by KingRichard
HI,
Can't recall I had problems with it. Did remember I had it upside down and thought how does it fit? It is held in place by the rubber seal en fits under the chrome pillars. There is absolutely no glue or sealer involved. I even haven't glued or used sealer/kit to fit the window in the rubber seal. Not needed and absolutely no leaks. We had heavy rain last year on our trip to Echternach in Luxembourg, so that was a good test.
Is it the original chrome finisher?
Regards,
Richard van den Brand
#3
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:22 pm
by Daveyk
Thanks for responding
The Chrome trim is the original part but the seal is new and we are beginning to think it is not 100% the same as the original, when the trim was removed prior to painting the car we were told to be very careful not to bend/twist it but now it is slightly bowed out on top and will not stay in place... I am reluctant to buy a new repro trim as I have had experiance of badly fitting repro parts I have spent 4-5 hrs trying to fit and it it almost there ( at some points frustration took over and it was miles out of shape ) I have ordered some suction clamps and high strength adhesive so will give this a try.
#4
Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:40 pm
by Daveyk
Sorted it
Now fixed in place

#5 Re: Windscreen trims
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:39 am
by Bernie2015
Hi,
I have the same car and about to fit front and rear screen upper and lower chromes. I bought them all fom SNG Barrett, did you soften the rubbers up or use any form of lubricant? Any tips would be helpful. Many thanks.