Hi
I have an opportunity to buy a set of alloy wheels from an 84 XJ 6
They are described as
15x6.5 +23
5x120 bot pattern (lug centric)
I would like to mount these on my series 2 e type and conserve my original knock offs.
Will these fit?
do XJ 6 wheels fit series 2 e type
-
thexkeprocess
Topic author - Posts: 28
- Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:57 am
- Location: Toronto

-
PeterCrespin
- Posts: 4561
- Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
- Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Contact:

#2
They will go on the car but AFAIK Jag wheels are hub centric although they have tapered nuts on steel wheels. Just because they are coming off an XJ doesn't mean they are standard Jag. Are they?
I thiught the offset was 33mm not 23 but it has been a while.
The problem may be fouling of the tyre and/or roadside removal. Typical worst spot is the rear of the rear wheelarches just above the bumper tip. Even if you gring back the return lip to avoid rubbing, thry can still be a bear to remove with even a 205 tyre on, let alone a 215.
I did fit XJ Pepperpots to a Series 3 briefly and they worked OK but there's more room under S3 bodywork.
I thiught the offset was 33mm not 23 but it has been a while.
The problem may be fouling of the tyre and/or roadside removal. Typical worst spot is the rear of the rear wheelarches just above the bumper tip. Even if you gring back the return lip to avoid rubbing, thry can still be a bear to remove with even a 205 tyre on, let alone a 215.
I did fit XJ Pepperpots to a Series 3 briefly and they worked OK but there's more room under S3 bodywork.
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


