Page 1 of 1

#1 Squeaking Brakes

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:33 am
by Markymark
Hi,
I am hoping you can help. I've just finished refurbishing the front brakes on my S2 OTS and have an annoying brake squeal that happens when the brakes warm up.
I've changed disks, pads, calipers and anti rattle clips. There is copper grease between pads and Pistons too.
Really not sure what else to do. Hoping someone here has some experience that can help. Anti squeal shims maybe?

Thanks,
Mark

#2

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:17 pm
by Heuer
What pads are you using?

#3

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:54 pm
by Markymark
Hi,
I'm using mintex ones. It was what SNG Barratt supplied.
Cheers,
Mark

#4

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:21 pm
by PeterCrespin
Use the brakes frequently and hard to bed the pads in and note any improvement. If none, file a slight chamfer on the leading edge. Retest.

#5

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:25 pm
by Heuer
Or try Greenstuff pads.

#6

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:49 pm
by Markymark
Ok guys, thanks for the prompt responses. Will try to bed them in with some hard use first and see how I get on....