#1 exhaust gases carbon / charcoal canister on US versions 1970
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:54 pm
Hello
I'm looking for advice on how to clean the carbon canister mounted on SII 1970+ USA versions;
I guess that after 45 years of service, it is probably at best inefficient if not clogged
first idea would be to flush it with gasoline but on second thoughts as its function is to capture fumes and odours, it might not be a good idea to saturate it with more hydrocarbons !
after reading on forums, I found that similar filters for kitchens are simply washed with hot water in dishwashers, then dryed in ovens at 100?C
has anyone tried ?
...before buying a new one which by the way is discontinued at Barratt
I'm looking for advice on how to clean the carbon canister mounted on SII 1970+ USA versions;
I guess that after 45 years of service, it is probably at best inefficient if not clogged
first idea would be to flush it with gasoline but on second thoughts as its function is to capture fumes and odours, it might not be a good idea to saturate it with more hydrocarbons !
after reading on forums, I found that similar filters for kitchens are simply washed with hot water in dishwashers, then dryed in ovens at 100?C
has anyone tried ?
...before buying a new one which by the way is discontinued at Barratt