Difficulty starting
#1 Difficulty starting
(Car is S2 with twin Strombergs). From cold, it takes anywhere from 10-24 attempts before engine will fire, thereafter during same day it will start first try. I?ve replaced coil, all HT leads and plug caps, contact points, distributor cap, and spark plugs. Made no difference. I?m using choke to start (not using choke does not improve matters). Carbs were recently serviced and set up by E-type experts. Any suggestions?
1970 S2 FHC
http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car=P2R28254
http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car=P2R28254
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2
You could try leaving the fuel pump run for a couple of minutes to see if that helps - it may be losing it's 'prime'
Dave
Dave
1963 OTS
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
Thanks Dave, I'll try that.
1970 S2 FHC
http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car=P2R28254
http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car=P2R28254
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



