I think I fixed my Wincard mirror

Talk about the E-Type Series 2
User avatar

Topic author
nefematic
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:18 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Germany

#1 I think I fixed my Wincard mirror

Post by nefematic » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:52 pm

With so many important things to get done for T?V (MOT) I shouldn't be fooling around with details but this one I have to show off. Obviously not painted but sich a fine fit. Getting something like this done is pleasing to the eye and fingers, works perfect:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Martin (who is hoping to be able to use his tickets for Bicester)
Martin Scherz
Late S2 1970 OTS US LHD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#2

Post by iani » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Great work Martin, now how much are you going to be selling these for? :D
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
nefematic
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:18 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Germany

#3

Post by nefematic » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:05 pm

Iani,

thanks. Selling wasn't the plan of action. I draftet the measurements and the idea of having two separate pieces made to join after filing down the different corners.I reckoned it would take the good part of an evening to do, but I was glad to get the finished part. I haven't been told yet what effort was incurred. I'll get back with more info asap.

Martin
Martin Scherz
Late S2 1970 OTS US LHD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#4

Post by iani » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 pm

I didn't expect you would be selling Martin, I managed to find a functional mirror for my car, it's just that I have a spare mirror that is missing this part.

Ian
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
nefematic
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:18 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Germany

#5

Post by nefematic » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:11 pm

Ian, will you be in Bicester? I'm planning on being there (still hoping for MOT) and could bring one along. No monetary interest, maybe Whisky? Or maybe a beer in Bicester.
Martin
Martin Scherz
Late S2 1970 OTS US LHD

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#6

Post by iani » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:17 pm

I'll be there Martin and I'll gladly take you up on your offer. Thanks!

Ian
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#7

Post by iani » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Good to meet you today Martin, I managed to fit this part when I got home, the hole didn't need any adjustment, your part fits and works great, thanks again.

Ian
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic