Page 1 of 1

#1 Air duct lower panel assembly bd35655

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:04 am
by grimes6
I am about to start to paint my bonnet but I am unsure I have the correct air duct panel. All the suppliers list the panel for the Series 1 but the series 2 has a different part number. Can anyone supply a pic. of a series 2 panel or confirm if it the same as series 1?

Regards,
Greg

#2

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:10 am
by PeterCrespin
If you mean the long duct from bonnet mouth to heater box they are not the same. The S2one has a section pushed laterally to the outboard side to give clearance for an AC compressor.

#3

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:29 am
by grimes6
The panel fits in the mouth of the bonnet in front of the stoneguard screen and attaches to the lower panel assembly.

Regards,
Greg

#4

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:21 am
by grimes6
I have found this site which shows the series 1 panel.Chuck at this site (http://www.monocoque-metalworks.com/mai ... et-panels/) states the following :

Bonnet Air Duct Lower Panel ? Series 1 ? BD16557 ? $48.00. 19-gauge steel. Series 2 is also available ? it is a different size and shape (even though most other catalogs show the same part for Series 1 and 2?) This panel is also available in aluminum.

#5

Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:09 am
by 288gto
Hi Greg,

I am assuming you are UK based. Speak to Andy at Hutsons, they make their own, that's where I got mine from (series 2) and it fitted perfectly which is more than can be said for the expensive underpan I got from a well known manufacturer.

Simon[/youtube]