Replacing the a/c in my 1970 E-type
-
Jagman Canada
Topic author - Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:12 am
#1 Replacing the a/c in my 1970 E-type
The a/c on my 1970 2+2 has never worked and I would like to replace it with an after market unit. Has anyone done this and can share their experience on how things went. I don't have a particular unit in mind right now so any recommendations on suppliers would also be appreciated ..thanks Ian :)
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2
I just finished installation of a complete Retro Air AC and alternator kit in my '64 3.8. I haven't put it in operation as yet, but the efficiency has an excellent reputation...several in the DFW area. Very good quality components. Installation instructions are good, but not as precise as I would have liked. Took some fettling to get a clean fit...4.2 kit might be better. Ask for unassembled hoses as lengths and clocking of fittings are best done during the install. (I supplied Retro Air with recommended improvements/photos for the S1).
Rock Browning, the owner, is very helpful. I believe he would sell you individual components. Think I'd assess what you really need and go that route...keep the compressor/drive arrangement currently in your car if you can (or modify to accept a later compressor style). PM me with an email address if you decide to use his kit.
Rock Browning, the owner, is very helpful. I believe he would sell you individual components. Think I'd assess what you really need and go that route...keep the compressor/drive arrangement currently in your car if you can (or modify to accept a later compressor style). PM me with an email address if you decide to use his kit.
Eric
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



