Page 1 of 1

#1 Colour Combination query

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:12 pm
by M4rk
Hi,

I am restoring a 1970 Series 2 fhc and will be painting it BRG and I had intended to have a red interior, however this combination is not on any of the options lists I have seen

Have I missed something or am I alone in thinking this combination looks good. :?

Should I stick with known colour combinations?

Mark

#2

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:20 pm
by Heuer
According to Clausager the S2 BRG interior options were Beige (412 cars), Black (660), Cinnamon (543) and Suede Green (392). It does not look like BRG with red was ever a standard option. Your car but you might want to consider sticking with standard colours. Suede Green looks good but you need to ensure you have the correct green headlining to match.

#3

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:42 pm
by neil4444
Having had a green Triumph Vitesse with red interior it wouldn't be my first choice. Despite being complimentary colours I'm just not sure the combination of BRG & red works. All down to personal preference of course - it's your car, have it the way you want it. I had a quick look on xkedata.com to see if there were many on there. Approx 7 cars are listed but only 2 actually seem to be BRG/red. They may help sway you one way or another though.

Regards,

#4

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:40 pm
by andrewh
i like BRG with Red but like David I am unsure I would rebuild in this specification simply because it was not a factory option. That said, I am sure it could have been ordered, certainly on series One 3.8 cars, it was possible to ask for any combination. I have seen a few cars in BRG with red and I like it, but the red needs to be a deep dark red, imho. As always, what floats your boat works. I recall seeing an orange DB5 convertible at Works Service a few years back. This is a car worth potentially 1.5m and built in a colour that nobody other than the owner would want. But since I doubt he restored it for anyone else, why not? in contrast, BRG with red seems not that difficult to accept.

this one is ODG with red but stunning motor car
Image

#5

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:55 pm
by caveman
neil4444 wrote:All down to personal preference of course - it's your car, have it the way you want it.
Completely agree. Most wait an eternity to own these cars, have it the way you want and enjoy.

#6

Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:34 pm
by Nickleback
Was the car originally BRG ?
If not, then personal choice rules as you have already changed the external colour.
I looked at a S1 last weekend @ Sudely Castle JEC which was 27 years being restored by it's owner, it was OEM, BRG with Beige and looked stunning !! :D

#7

Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:56 pm
by M4rk
Yes I was looking at using the darker red, it's either that or Beige/biscuit interior

Although beige is more correct I'm not a fan and I love the old sports cars with the red leather interior

The cars original colour was Fawn hence the colour change and I love classic British sports cars in BRG

The cars a keeper so I guess I do what l like

#8

Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:12 pm
by andrewh
it will look superb, and have what you want. :D