Page 1 of 1
#1 Spinners - Which black paint for the Jaguar name ?
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:18 pm
by Nickleback
Just had my federal & eared spinners sets re-chromed and now need to re-do the black paint in the Jaguar name / logo.
Have done a search on the forum but cannot find any info
Does anyone know the correct black paint type used originally as it looks to be in-between gloss and matt, probably a type of enamel paint ?
Thanks
#2 Re: Spinners - Which black paint for the Jaguar name ?
Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:50 pm
by Heuer
I use black Humberol gloss. Small tin used for Airfix models.
#3 Re: Spinners - Which black paint for the Jaguar name ?
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:02 pm
by PeterCrespin
Mike, I think you are hot favourite for '2016 Anorak of the Year'! :-)
#4 Re: Spinners - Which black paint for the Jaguar name ?
Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:18 pm
by Nickleback
Thanks Pete, did you really want those original XKE mirrors that I had ?

#5 Re: Spinners - Which black paint for the Jaguar name ?
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:00 pm
by PeterCrespin
In June we left it that you weren't sure you were going to change? Am probably interested yes. I need a right side one that can be positioned to use from the LHD driver seat.
Pete
#6 Re: Spinners - Which black paint for the Jaguar name ?
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:24 pm
by Nickleback
Heuer wrote:I use black Humberol gloss. Small tin used for Airfix models.
Thank you David, I had no black paint and needed to order the best one !
Regards