My car is a S3 softtop with a 2.88 and a Getrag 5 speed with a .76 5th gear ratio. Ive only just fitted the 2.88 so results are limited.
So far I love the more involved driving experience, more gear changes needed.
Im enjoying the 62mph/100kmh cruise at 1950 rpm, quieter, but my car has only got two glasspac straight thru mufflers so it is louder than standard, and we love it that way
A little difficult to tell with fuel consumption as I need to have the speedo recalibrated. Last weekend we went on a spirited drive of around 2 hours ranging from sea level to over 2000ft and back, mostly in 4th gear due to the winding nature of the road. My calculation says 17.6 MPG imperial, but I need more results on level roads to get a better idea.
I think its a great combination for the V12, for the everyday driver.
Here is a link to check it out




