Wiring harneses

Talk about the E-Type Series 3

Topic author
flyer295
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 am
Great Britain

#1 Wiring harneses

Post by flyer295 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:57 pm

Has anyone out there had any experience of, off the shelf wiring harnesses ? In other words, do they fit ok.

Alternatively anyone know where I can get a homemade harness braided. Preferably in the UK. I have made these before for other projects BUT the wiring suppliers, Auto Electrical Services (AES), no longer offer this service.
Regards to you all,

Bob
Bob.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

vee12eman
Posts: 821
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:14 pm
Kiribati

#2 Re: Wiring harneses

Post by vee12eman » Fri May 19, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi Bob,

For my Series 3 rebuild I used Autosparks. This was some time back and only they could produce the moulded plugs used by the Series 3. I think that might have changed now but I also remember speaking to the lady that sold the Autosparks looms at the Stoneleigh show and her knowledge of all the differences between model years was impressive. The looms fitted perfectly.

I also bought excellent looks from them for Triumph cars prior to that. Autosparks all the way for me.

Regards,
Regards,

Simon
Series III FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


V12 Epyte
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:14 pm
Great Britain

#3 Re: Wiring harneses

Post by V12 Epyte » Fri May 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Speak to Debbie at AutoSparks

http://www.autosparks.co.uk/
1971 Series 3 FHC 2+2 RHD Manual
1971 Series 3 Roadster 2+2 RHD Manual
1986 Rover SD1 Vitesse Twin Plenum

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


christopher storey
Posts: 5698
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: cheshire , england
Great Britain

#4 Re: Wiring harneses

Post by christopher storey » Fri May 19, 2017 6:42 pm

Unhesitatingly, like the earlier posters , I recommend Autosparks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic