Page 1 of 1
#1 Power Steering Fluid
Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:11 pm
by dooley1414
Hi all I have a ex. US 1972 Series 3 V12 and was just wondering what was the best power steering fluid to get for it how much does the system take and is it the same fluid for the automatic gearbox? Many thanks in advance.... Des.
#2 Re: Power Steering Fluid
Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:11 am
by Whitact
ATF as for the autobox, capacity is small, less than a pint I think. Level adjustment is very sensitive due to the shape of the reservoir. A little at a time is best. I used a long rubber tube attached to the top of the ATF bottle to make it easier to avoid spilling it. Its not the easiest place to access, especially when hot.
Cheers
#3 Re: Power Steering Fluid
Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:38 pm
by JJC
Most anything will do that will service an older GM power steering pump, as , of course, that's what they are.
Enjoy,
John