Page 1 of 1

#1 Mirror position

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:46 am
by baganz.sven@web.de
Dear Forum colleagues,

I want to put a mirror on the door of my S3 1971.
I will buy a spare part from SNG (I can't find an original one at the moment)

My door has no holes in the area where it should be mounted (the pre owner has mounted a round german mirror at the front end of the door using a wooden plate as spacer)

It would be helpful if I coud get info about the "correct" position.

Left hand driven, 1971 S3 Coupe.

Thank you for your help (perhaps someone has an original LH mirror for sale)

Best regards
Sven

#2 Re: Mirror position

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am
by angelw
Hello Sven,
Do you want a Manual Mirror, or the type that has remote control via cables? If the latter, I can provide a template for marking hole positions and a LH Mirror.

Regards,

Bill

#3 Re: Mirror position

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:25 pm
by baganz.sven@web.de
Hello Bill,

I want to use the manual mirror without cables.
I don‘t know if the mirror position is different for both possibilities.
Best regards
Sven

#4 Re: Mirror position

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:56 am
by helge.kassel
I had a similar problem, when i wanted to mount an aditional mirror on the right door.
My solution was, to stick the mirror with doublesided tape(the same, You use to fix carpets to the floor), sitting in the drivers seat, until i found the best position for ME to view backwards.
Maybe it´s not the correct position from factory, but i am interested to use it.
BTW: i first bought a Tex-mirror, but it had not the right angle to see anything behind the car.
Very helpfull the people at Motoring classic, they refunded the money without any problem.
For clearance: i now use the stem for JagE with the correct angle, but the mirror itself is a convex type from Tex (M40703 Convex Glass) on both sides.
For me the funktion has more value than originality.
Best regards from Seville
Helge