Page 1 of 1

#1 Automatic Transmission Fluid Drain and Refill?

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:37 am
by dooley1414
Hi all.... this might be a silly question or not but I'm under the Jag. at the moment replacing the rear Engine/Transmission Spring.. Bush and Seatings and I thought while I'm under here I will drain and change the Automatic Transmission Fluid but I can't seem to find a drain plug? do I have to take the pan completely off to Drain the Fluid? and where do I refill from? Oh and while the Pan is off if I have to take the Pan off is there a filter I should change or anything else while it is off?.... Thank You.... Des.

#2 Re: Automatic Transmission Fluid Drain and Refill?

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:09 pm
by Ole-xke1974
There is no drain plug.
The way to drain the automatic gearbox is to undo the big nut that holds the dip stick tube to the oil pan.
BTW, you fill the gear box through the dip stick tube. That is a tedious and time consuming job.

#3 Re: Automatic Transmission Fluid Drain and Refill?

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:21 pm
by dooley1414
Many Thanks For that.... I was wondering abouth that BIG NUT.... Thanks Again.... Des.