Page 1 of 1

#1 s3 front crankshaft seal

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:07 pm
by driver
Hi all,
I think the front crankshaft seal is leaking ,
the crank bolt looks like it is going to be a problem to undo ,has anyone have any experience do doing this job.
Thanks Rob Gill :scratchheadyellow: :hammer:

#2 Re: s3 front crankshaft seal

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:25 pm
by Ole-xke1974
I believe I used an impact wrench.
Alternative would be a breaker bar.

#3 Re: s3 front crankshaft seal

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:02 pm
by driver
Thanks , it looks it is going to be a bit of a fight :hammerdrill:

#4 Re: s3 front crankshaft seal

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:32 pm
by madjack4
Hi remove belts get a big socket and long bar wedge it against floor or a strong part of frame flick engine over on key starter will crack bolt loose hey presto the bolt will unscrew remove pulley pull out sleeve that seal runs on flick out seal push new one in with a bit of sealer on outside slide sleeve back in with grease round it refit pulley n belts job done
Regards

#5 Re: s3 front crankshaft seal

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 am
by driver
I must admit that method has crossed my mind! :bigrin: