Page 1 of 1

#1 Firing order

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:00 am
by Bernie2015
Can anyone let me know the firing order of the V12 engine. I have fitted a new rotor as a couple of the brass inserts in the rotor were missing and it was only firing on 10 cylinders. It's still lumpy so I suspect I have put one or two of the HT leads on the wrong plug. Well there are 12 of them!

#2 Re: Firing order

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:06 am
by mgcjag
Hi Bernie......have a look in the service manual....its there...I know we are helpefull on the forum but this is basic info to find.......if you dont have a manual you need one...its also in the knowledge base section.....Steve
PS it took me longer to type this than look it up

#3 Re: Firing order

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:40 am
by JJC
Bernie : 1A 6B 5A 2B 3A 4B 6A 1B 2A 5B 4A 3B

I agree with McJag.......this is basic knowledge. Handbook, workbook, GOOGLE.

#4 Re: Firing order

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:43 am
by Bernie2015
Wow that's a telling off! Only just got the car so dont have the manual yet but found it on the knowlegde base thanks.