Page 1 of 1
#1 V12 for sale
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:14 pm
by Tony
Any views on this one. The price seems right. Anything obvious from the Photos. Would you buy it?
http://www.sherwoodrestorations.co.uk/p ... _i=497293#
#2
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:33 pm
by e-bygum
Tony
Why no interior photos?
Is it LHD or been converted to RHD, note the wipers park on the wrong side?
Restored 17 years ago, a lot can happen in that time, it needed it's first
"professional restoration" after 19 years. On that basis it's due again depending on how they are defining "professional restoration" which mean anything from waving a polish cloth at it to a full blown strip down and rebuild?
What does "uprated 5.9 lt engine" mean? Just bored out and put back in with original inlet manifolds, carbs, ignition etc. and a load of non-standard irreplaceable bits inside maybe?
I would want to know a great deal more about this car before I considered handing over ?40k. Plus it's white and auto!
But then that's just my opinion which is probable worth no more than you paid for it.
#3
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:42 pm
by Tony
E-bygum,
Now thats strange about the wipers, I would have thought they should have parked on the passenger side . But as you say a RHD car has them parked on the drivers side. You live and learn
#4
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:44 pm
by vipergts
Agreed there are some anomilies (sp?)
I like white though but auto affects value.
#5
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:32 pm
by Tony
Vipergts,
What does (sp?) mean?. I must get into these abbreviations?
#6
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:27 pm
by vipergts
Sp?= spelling?
Have you spoken to Harry about the V12 he has?
If you've been in and around Kent it should have been a must visit if only for free advice.