Transmission Damage
#1 Transmission Damage
The light in my gear shift isn't working & I stupidly drove the car in 1st for maybe half a km before I figured something wasn't right. I put it into drive & continued on with no problems. before I figured I was in the wrong gear I was probably doing about 60k with no idea what the revs were doing - have I done any damage do you think ? Do S3 automatics have rev limiters fitted as standard ?
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
AussieEtype
- Posts: 635
- Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:59 am
- Location: Canberra, Australia

#2 Re: Transmission Damage
No rev limiters and there will be no damage to the gearbox - possibly over revved the engine but the noise of the high revs should have alerted you do that.
Garry
Garry
1971 Series 3 E-type OTS
1976 Series 2 XJ 12 Coupe
1976 Series 2 XJ 12 Coupe
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



