Page 1 of 1

#1 Transmission Damage

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:02 pm
by Jiffy2019
The light in my gear shift isn't working & I stupidly drove the car in 1st for maybe half a km before I figured something wasn't right. I put it into drive & continued on with no problems. before I figured I was in the wrong gear I was probably doing about 60k with no idea what the revs were doing - have I done any damage do you think ? Do S3 automatics have rev limiters fitted as standard ?

#2 Re: Transmission Damage

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:19 am
by AussieEtype
No rev limiters and there will be no damage to the gearbox - possibly over revved the engine but the noise of the high revs should have alerted you do that.

Garry

#3 Re: Transmission Damage

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:40 am
by Jiffy2019
Cheers ......