E-Type in a TV movie

Talk about the E-Type Series 3

Topic author
JagClock
United States of America

#1 E-Type in a TV movie

Post by JagClock » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:39 pm

My wife was watching a made-for-TV movie which was set in England, called “A Royal Corgi Christmas”, and the hero drove up in a dark-colored RHD S3 E-Type 2+2, with a passenger-side mirror and Webasto sunroof. I can’t imagine that there is more than one car with those features in the world. Does anyone know who owns it?

Mike Eck
'51 XK120, '55 XK140SE, '61 MK2 M/OD, '72 E-Type

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: E-Type in a TV movie

Post by Gfhug » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:24 pm

Mike, welcome to the forum (and thanks for a previous rebuild of my clock) Bernie Carvel has recently starred in a series as Adam Dalgliesh (the PD James detective) driving a BRG S3 2+2. Could that be the one? I can’t recall particular details of mirrors or sunroof but worth a quick hunt for him to confirm or deny. Story line name can sometimes be different US to UK.
That E Type has a Webasto sunroof and pax wing mirror, maybe the same one as your wife saw? Search for Adam Dalgliesh Bertie Carvel images to see the car.
I’ve just searched a bit more and was it filmed in Vancouver and Ireland? Looking at the storyline then there’s no way I’d be willing to watch it to find out anything more :bigrin:

Cheers

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic