Page 1 of 1
#1 How to fasten seat belt retainer
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:53 pm
by Mephistopheles
Dear all
How to fasten the seat belt retainer (BD40747) to the seat, I assume BD35681 is rivet nut (?);
are there standard drill holes in the seat back or do you have to drill them yourself,
is there a template for the drill holes?
Thanks
Holger

#2 Re: How to fasten seat belt retainer
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 pm
by lowact
BD35681 is a rubber expansion anchor, basically a rubber plug with a brass nut molded into the end. Tightening the screw draws in the nut which expands the rubber behind the seat back. Holes should be there, seats are recovered? You should be able to feel the 1 cm holes through the covering ...

#3 Re: How to fasten seat belt retainer
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:39 am
by AussieEtype
I cannot speak for later series 3 but early series 3s did not have these clips as they did not have retractable seat belts. As a result early seats do not have the mounting points for these clips in the seat frames. I understand later seats do but I am not sure.
Garry
#4 Re: How to fasten seat belt retainer
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:06 am
by Mephistopheles
Thanks for quick replies (As always: perfect knowlege platform)!
Yes, I can feel the holes. Who offers BD35681 (e.g. SNG states „turned down“)?
Holger
#5 Re: How to fasten seat belt retainer
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:43 am
by mgcjag
Hi...just google rubber riv nut if you cant find the part offered by one of the usual suppliers.....they are readily available in many sizes...Steve
#6 Re: How to fasten seat belt retainer
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:56 am
by Mephistopheles
Regards
Holger