Page 1 of 1
#1 cilinder numbering V12
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:37 pm
by Erictdm
Hello, I' ve a problem how to number the cilinders.
I know that there's a left and a right bank. The right bank is the "A" bank. How do you number exactly? I think cilinder 1 is on the front of the right bank? Is cilinder 6 the last one on the right bank or is that the third on the left bank?
Can somebody recommend me a good manual for the series 3 V12 and where to buy?
Thanks, Eric
#2 Re: cilinder numbering V12
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:30 pm
by Gfhug
Three books for you and if you go to the technical section you’ll see lots of information to help.
http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=700
I have a Series 2 so don’t know the numbering system for your V12, sorry.
I’m sure the books will help.
Geoff
#3 Re: cilinder numbering V12
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:51 pm
by mgcjag
#4 Re: cilinder numbering V12
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:46 pm
by Doddsy
Eric, I hope the following helps. The leads that I purchased were all clearly labelled as a set. I strongly recommend labelling yours or purchasing a made up set with labelling. In addition there should be plastic spacers (4) for each group of three leads; 1A/2A/3A, 1B/2B/2C, etc. The leads then are all the right length to reach the correct plug. I have been removing both distributor cap and all plug leads many times when messing around with my car and the above takes out most possibility of reinstalling the leads correctly. Strongly recommended.
#5 Re: cilinder numbering V12
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:20 pm
by vee12eman
Eric,
RHS (looking forward from cabin) front cylinder is 1a, then 2a, 3a etc back to 6a.
LHS (looking forward from cabin, front cylinder is 1b, then 2b, 3b etc back to 6b
Regards,
Simon
#6 Re: cilinder numbering V12
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:41 pm
by Erictdm
Thanks a lot!
#7 Re: cilinder numbering V12
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:26 am
by AussieEtype
Erictdm wrote: ↑Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:37 pm
Can somebody recommend me a good manual for the series 3 V12 and where to buy?
Thanks, Eric
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jaguar-E-Ty ... SwFn9feGRw