Page 1 of 1

#1 Which Way Round

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:16 am
by Neil Duke
Which way round does the windscreen sealing rubber fit,on a roadster?,Or shall I just stand under a cold shower?
Image

#2 Re: Which Way Round

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:53 am
by lowact
Id'ing the sides in yr photo: 12, 2, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
3 o'clock is the top. 9 o'clock is the bottom (sits on the windscreen), 6 o'clock is facing backwards, 12 oclock is facing forwards. You are holding the LH end.

#3 Re: Which Way Round

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:13 pm
by Neil Duke
Thank you.I will try that.

#4 Re: Which Way Round

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:37 am
by Doddsy
Im interested to know how you plan to attach the seal into the channel. Which adhesive and which sides?
I have just replaced my seal and not convinced I have this correct.

#5 Re: Which Way Round

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:34 am
by Nialls Shortbear
Stand under the shower, 1 minute for each of those venerable vehicles you own.

#6 Re: Which Way Round

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:32 pm
by lowact
Yup, more toys u have, more cold showers you'll need. Its the showers that will get you, I think its one of the laws of natural deselection. For my part I didn't use any adhesive, I found after a couple of uses it was worked in there snugly. If I was going to use adhesive it would be the top edge only, and I would have the hood tightened down hard while the adhesive was setting.