Page 1 of 1

#1 Brake light switch

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:21 pm
by myJagV12
Hi Jagies,

Me again :D
I can't find my brake light switch. I read that a hydraulic switch was used (maybe not in Series 3 ?) but with my later Series 3 (Feb 73) the wires (G,GP) would just reach the pedal. I can't neither locate a mounting bracket nor any signs that the pedal ever touched a switch rocker. (And I did not find the switch in any of my boxes yet.)
Anyone got a picture of how this part is supposed to look like ? Do I have to make a bracket and use a new switch ?

Please help !
Tom
Image

#2 Re: Brake light switch

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:36 pm
by Heuer
Image

#3 Re: Brake light switch

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:45 pm
by myJagV12
So a pedal switch and I am just missing the bracket and switch ?!

Thank you very much !
I would be totally lost without your forum ! :roll:

#4 Re: Brake light switch

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:38 pm
by myJagV12
It is still unclear to me how the bracket shown would be mounted.
The firewall has a stiffening edge all around so the bracket would not fit if mounted to the upper of the four pedal mounting bolts and the remaining (UGLY) contact glue tells me I am maybe barking at the wrong tree.

And correct me if I'm wrong - i need an "opener" as the switch is engaged all the time unless the pedal is pressed ? So when the switch is "lying on the table" it is closed just as if the pedal was pressed and if it is engaged it opens ?

No clutch unfortunately :D

Image

#5 Re: Brake light switch

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:32 pm
by myJagV12
... removed ...
I think the attached explosion drawing is misleading as it looks as if the lower bolts had to be used. Does the bracket not go the other way round ?
Image
Still lost :scratchheadyellow:

#6 Re: Brake light switch

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:27 pm
by vee12eman
Hi Tom,

Hope this will help:


Image

Regards,

Simon

#7 Re: Brake light switch

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:33 pm
by myJagV12
Thank you Simon !!!
Yes this is it - the only way it makes sense and I already begun manufacturing (with a paper model) :D
Just the narrow holes on each side don't make sense to me and I am wondering why i can't see any marks from the formerly mounted bracket on my car.

Thank you very much - i suspect the paint-shop has dropped the missing parts.
Kind regards,
Tom

#8 Re: Brake light switch

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:05 pm
by vee12eman
All good. Glad to help.

Simon

#9 Re: Brake light switch

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:57 pm
by myJagV12
I drilled the holes a bit in the wrong position but it does the job.
I think the Hella 6DF 003 263-001 will almost look originally.

Thank you again !

Image