Page 1 of 1

#1 "Soft" break

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:27 pm
by gehawe
Happy New Year to all of you!

My S3 OTS has recently developed a bit of a strange behaviour.
When I use the breaks, the pedal feels rather soft. I think, a bit softer than usual. If I "pump" the pedal, like going off the pedal and back on, it feels much harder. That means, I feel more resistance and I feel it much earlier.
Has anybody had a similar behaviour?

Best regards

Gerhard

#2 Re: "Soft" break

Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:35 pm
by christopher storey
You have air in the system. Make a servo test, by exhausting the vacuum by 6 to 8 presses with the engine off , which should harden the pedal, and it should stay hard if then left for several minutes. Then press the pedal, and start the engine ; you should feel the pedal soften a little as the vacuum builds up over perhaps 1 second . If any part of that test is unsatisfactory, you have a servo fault . Next, I would check fluid levels and check all pipes and unions for leaks. Then rebleed all four wheels and see if this improves things

#3 Re: "Soft" break

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:34 am
by gehawe
Thank you Christopher! I will follow your instructions, but might need some time and some good weather for it.

Best regards