Page 1 of 1

#1 Tuning S3

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:06 am
by abowie
What CO% should I be looking for when tuning a S3 E type with Strombergs?

#2 Re: Tuning S3

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:03 am
by abowie
I have a 1975 XJS with this under the bonnet.



Image

#3 Re: Tuning S3

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:21 pm
by lowact
In 1975 ADR27 allowed 4.5% at idle. Current aus std is Euro 5, 1g/km

#4 Re: Tuning S3

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:53 am
by abowie
Thanks Colin.

I ended up setting it at 4%. Waiting for the rain to stop so I can take it for a test run.

#5 Re: Tuning S3

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:47 am
by AussieEtype
How did it manage to get carbs on it. Is it a early XJ12 or Etype engine or the original XJS engine with the injection system taken off and carbs put on.

Just an interest question.

Cheers

Garry

#6 Re: Tuning S3

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:07 am
by abowie
PO I think.

#7 Re: Tuning S3

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:16 pm
by Bob.
The only place I recall seeing Jaguar quoting a CO figure for the S3 E is on the underbonnet sticker of 72-74MY emission control cars. Basically adjust if found above 4.5% (with idle timing set at 10deg BTDC, vac retard and exhaust air injection disconnected).

Image