#1 High Oil Pressure
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:31 pm
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on here ! I have just purchased a 1974 OTS RHD UK original car, on collection and driving it home noticed the oil pressure was always high around 80 PSI even when hot.
Having looked through the various posts about oil pressure gauges, I decided to test my sender and gauge against a calibrated pressure source and as you can see it is in fact not that far out.
Sender/gauge reading Calibrated Pressure
40 psi 45 PSI
60 PSI 55 PSI
80 PSI 80 PSI
Therefore is there a maximum pressure or is it a case you can never have enough !
I read on one of the the posts the PRV is set at 75 psi so it looks like that is doing its job.
Any thoughts ?
Cheers Neil
This is my first post on here ! I have just purchased a 1974 OTS RHD UK original car, on collection and driving it home noticed the oil pressure was always high around 80 PSI even when hot.
Having looked through the various posts about oil pressure gauges, I decided to test my sender and gauge against a calibrated pressure source and as you can see it is in fact not that far out.
Sender/gauge reading Calibrated Pressure
40 psi 45 PSI
60 PSI 55 PSI
80 PSI 80 PSI
Therefore is there a maximum pressure or is it a case you can never have enough !
I read on one of the the posts the PRV is set at 75 psi so it looks like that is doing its job.
Any thoughts ?
Cheers Neil