Page 1 of 1
#1 Starter Motor Heat Shield
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:39 pm
by Tan
Does anybody know how the starter motor heat shield attaches to the body of a V12 E Type?
I have recently bought a new aluminium one from SNG Barrett, but can work out where it lives.
I have tried it on all angles around the starter motor but it has me totally puzzled.
A photo of one fitted would be brilliant!!
Thanks….. Tan
#2 Re: Starter Motor Heat Shield
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:01 pm
by lowact
On my US spec car it was clamped to the pipe from the air pump
#3 Re: Starter Motor Heat Shield
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:29 pm
by Nick V12 e type
Hi Tan,
My car is also a US import.
My starter motor heat shield is attached to what’s left of the supply pipe from the air pump and also to the bottom corner of the larger exhaust manifold heat shield.
Mine looks original but in poor condition. I hope the photos help you.
Kind regards
Nick

#4 Re: Starter Motor Heat Shield
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:59 pm
by Craig Balzer
#5 Re: Starter Motor Heat Shield
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:16 am
by Tan
Thanks Craig
I really appreciate that.
I take it the pipe is part of the emission control, which has been removed on my car!
I think I’ll buy the V shaped bracket shown in the parts manual and try to figure out where that attaches.
Thanks Again for the photos
Regards…… Mark
South Wales United Kingdom
#6 Re: Starter Motor Heat Shield
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:57 am
by Bob.
The exhaust manifold studs are the only things in that area I can think of to mount the V bracket to.