#1 E-Type back firing,,,HELP NEEDED!
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:40 pm
Hi, i am having intermittent trouble with my E. I picked it up from the garage last week after I treat him to a new shiny respray : ) the car has been stood in the garage since the 2nd week in Jan.
I started the car as i usually would with choke out and it started first, not to my surprise as it always starts 1st time. The car was running and sounded perfectly fine, i went to put some fuel in the car at a local petrol station and still the car was running fine. However, after i had driven about 4 miles i was just about to set off from a set of lights when it made an almighty racket and back fired, and quite a bit of smoke, at this point the car was still running so i carried on driving for about a mile and then that was it the car back fired once again and cut out. I could not get the car started again especially when it was pitch black outside. I started the car this morning to move it and it was ticking over perfectly okay and no sign of there being a problem.
Could anybody possibly explain what the cause may be? i thought it was maybe overfueling/fuel pump not working oe something to do with the immobolizer. The carbs do need re=setting...could this be it??
I started the car as i usually would with choke out and it started first, not to my surprise as it always starts 1st time. The car was running and sounded perfectly fine, i went to put some fuel in the car at a local petrol station and still the car was running fine. However, after i had driven about 4 miles i was just about to set off from a set of lights when it made an almighty racket and back fired, and quite a bit of smoke, at this point the car was still running so i carried on driving for about a mile and then that was it the car back fired once again and cut out. I could not get the car started again especially when it was pitch black outside. I started the car this morning to move it and it was ticking over perfectly okay and no sign of there being a problem.
Could anybody possibly explain what the cause may be? i thought it was maybe overfueling/fuel pump not working oe something to do with the immobolizer. The carbs do need re=setting...could this be it??

