Page 1 of 1

#1 Series 3 Brake Ducts

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:54 pm
by Richard2293
Rear brake ducts are missing (never fitted) to the underneath of my car. The only diagram/photo that I can find for originality is a schematic . So any photos, advice on fittings, screws, bolts, nuts, paint finish etc will be greatly appreciated. And are the "new" ducts a good fit.

Thanks , Richard

#2

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:05 pm
by MarkG
Richard

I went to one of those seminars at CMC a few years ago. They had a rather nice series 3 in the air with the brake air ducts fitted so I took a few pics. I don't have them fitted to mine as I did not think I'd be driving mine hard enough for the brakes to get so hot and I just thought they would get in the way whenever any work needed doing. I did fit the exhaust heat shields though

Image

Image

Image

#3

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:52 am
by Richard2293
Mark, thanks , useful information. I read in the originality guide that they were fitted to all S3 cars, in the early days by the dealer, and latterly in the factory.

#4

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:18 am
by AussieEtype
MarkG wrote: Image

Image

Image
I am sure they will work fine but quite a bit different to the originals - the originals are enclosed at the top - essentially a box section.

Here are some poor pics of my rather battered scoops. I will get them bashed out one day.

Image

Image

Image

#5

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:10 pm
by Richard2293
Thanks for those pictures, interesting looking at the differences. I will see whats on offer at Jag spares @ Stoneleigh in 2 weeks time.