Hi,
The oil pressure sender is playing up on my car. It was showing decent oil pressure on startup but I noticed that it had dropped to next to nothing when it was warm. Then it would show 40....
So I took it off and sprayed some carb cleaner in it and now it isn't showing any oil pressure at all.
The gauge shoots up if I short out the sender wire so I know that is ok.
My question is, do I need to spend ?40 (plus ?10 carriage) on an over priced Jag sender or is there an alternative I could use. It's only a regular sender after all!
Thanks
Richard
Oil pressure sender - Jag or is there an alternative
#1 Oil pressure sender - Jag or is there an alternative
Richard
____________
1972 S3 2+2 - Black with Red leather, 4 Speed and Wires
1966 S Type 3.8 MOD - ex South Africa
1994 XJS V12 coupe - 59,000 miles
____________
1972 S3 2+2 - Black with Red leather, 4 Speed and Wires
1966 S Type 3.8 MOD - ex South Africa
1994 XJS V12 coupe - 59,000 miles
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2
Only two alternatives I know of are to use the JEC sender and gauge (not sure it is still available) or fit a mechanical sender and gauge. There is a thread on doing it in the Upgrades forum.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX
Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3
They are notoriously fickle, I'm on about my 5th one.
As David's excellent thread explains the only truely reliable method is a proper mechanical gauge but I dont think the JEC one is avaliable any more.
Does anyone know if the S3 oil supply system includes a PRV (pressure regulating Valve) as know they can stick open sometimes in some instances and give low readings?
As David's excellent thread explains the only truely reliable method is a proper mechanical gauge but I dont think the JEC one is avaliable any more.
Does anyone know if the S3 oil supply system includes a PRV (pressure regulating Valve) as know they can stick open sometimes in some instances and give low readings?
64 S1 4.2 OTS 1E10012 73 S3 2+2 manual 2013 V6 F type OTS
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
Jaguar spares do a kit for ?135 + vat.
Tempting but quite a bit more than a regular sender. Think I'll stick with the standard one for now and if I continue to have problems I'll invest in a mechanical one.
Tempting but quite a bit more than a regular sender. Think I'll stick with the standard one for now and if I continue to have problems I'll invest in a mechanical one.
Richard
____________
1972 S3 2+2 - Black with Red leather, 4 Speed and Wires
1966 S Type 3.8 MOD - ex South Africa
1994 XJS V12 coupe - 59,000 miles
____________
1972 S3 2+2 - Black with Red leather, 4 Speed and Wires
1966 S Type 3.8 MOD - ex South Africa
1994 XJS V12 coupe - 59,000 miles
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5
Stuck on a new standard sender and the oil pressure is fine, about 60-70 psi hot or cold
Richard
____________
1972 S3 2+2 - Black with Red leather, 4 Speed and Wires
1966 S Type 3.8 MOD - ex South Africa
1994 XJS V12 coupe - 59,000 miles
____________
1972 S3 2+2 - Black with Red leather, 4 Speed and Wires
1966 S Type 3.8 MOD - ex South Africa
1994 XJS V12 coupe - 59,000 miles
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



