Page 1 of 1

#1 auto radiator and manual radiator differences

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:09 pm
by jivili
I have a good rad on my series 3 but I am changing from auto to manual and believe that the two rads are different
Anyone use an auto rad on a manual?
I don't have a manual rad to compare with so if someone has a brief explanation of the differences and if I can use it then I would appreciate it

#2

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:32 pm
by SESH
As far as I am aware the auto variant of the Radiator has a transmission oil cooler in the bottom of the rad.
Mike

#3

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:56 pm
by MarekH
If you look at the lower left side of the radiator, you'll find two small hosetails for the transmission oil cooler. You can track these back along the right hand lower side of the engine back to the autobox.

With a manual gearbox, you won't need these pipes and can simply remove them and use the rest of the "auto" radiator as a normal radiator.

kind regards
Marek