Page 1 of 1

#1 Air Filter Element

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:14 am
by Chickencoupe
Hello,

Do sealing rings need to be installed with a new air filter element for a SIII V12(Part # C34348)?

The rubber casing with this element seems to serve as sealing rings and it is difficult to fit it all together when I include additional sealing rings.

Thank you for your help. I'm slowly learning my way around this thing!

Curt

#2

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:09 am
by 42south
I have never used them on mine. As you say the replacement filters come with a rubber sealing ring as part of the filter.
Its a no from me

#3

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:50 pm
by PeterE
Curt, I bought some sealing rings for mine as they were missing when I first took off the air filter covers. But there just isn't room to fit them with the modern rubber-edged filters so they are sitting on a garage shelf gathering dust...

I'm confident that there is an adequate seal without them so on the shelf they'll stay.

#4

Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:11 am
by Chickencoupe
Thanks a lot for your help and advice Mark and Peter.
After I realized 2 sealing rings wouldn't fit I tried just one and it wouldn't fit either. No rings worked just fine so I'm sure you are both right.

Thanks again for your help!

Curt