Page 1 of 1

#1 LHD A/C Dash Facia

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:56 am
by AussieEtype
As most of us know it was only the LHD series 3s that were fitted with OEM A/C. The basic reason is that the fan goes in the space where the steering column is on RHD cars. I want to put A/c in my RHD car and will have to hobble a system with the evaporator and fan in the passenger side footwell. However I want it to look like the LHD car's A/c so want to find a OEM LHD Dash Facia and will duct air to it. So - where am I likely to buy a A/c dash facia? This is the one I am after

Image

I appreciate that there other options for A/C and am aware of most of them but just looking at this for the moment.

Thanks

garry

#2

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:20 pm
by jivili
Garry
I have one that I have removed from my US Import along with all the other parts of the system.
I am based in the UK so you may find one a bit nearer but let me know if interested

#3

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:21 pm
by jivili
Garry
I have one that I have removed from my US Import along with all the other parts of the system.
I am based in the UK so you may find one a bit nearer but let me know if interested

#4

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:05 am
by AussieEtype
Hi and thanks for that - ideally one nearer would be great but I am not sure of the chances of finding one.

I will see what comes up.

Cheers

Garry

#5

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:11 am
by and.nox
Garry,

I pulled one out of my car during a RHD conversion a couple of years back and replaced it with a new unit from Glen Olsen. I think I've still got the old bits including the facia. I'm in Sydney and I'm happy to donate them to your cause if I can find them. I'll have a look and let you know.
:)

#6

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 am
by and.nox
Garry,

Had a look and I've got the whole unit including facia. It's partially disassembled but was working in the car before I degassed it and removed it.

#7

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:39 am
by AussieEtype
Thanks Andrew - PM sent

Cheers

Garry