Page 1 of 1

#1 Brake Servo booster

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:26 am
by Claudio
Hello Fellows,
Does anyone know about the quality of the E-type S3 brake servo boosters sold on Ebay? prices range from $350 to $400. Or please indicate me another source to purchase a reliable one.
Thanks, Claudio :wink: - BRAZIL

#2

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:28 pm
by Claudio
Hello all,
Since nobody replied my mail, let me please insist with you gentlemen. Doubts still remain based on assumptions:
1 - These servo boosters never fail, or, if it ever fails, the aftermarket repair kit is the first option.
...or...
2 - The second alternative of buying a whole unit, replacing the old Girling unit, and buying from a reliable supplier and brand, different than that sold on Ebay. I even asked the Ebay seller about the brand and origin country of the part and he responded briefly : USA.
Since I am very close to the end of the world - Brazil - I request your kind attention to give me hints about my problem. HELP
Warm regards!
Claudio
:wink: :wink: :wink:

#3

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:09 pm
by tim wood
All I can say is that I purchased a copy unit from eBay some years back for my 4.2 it's been ok so far.

Rather stupidly I sold my old unit which was probably rebuildable.

Having said that I would place my trust in a professionally rebuilt genuine unit rather than what maybe a Chinese copy.

Don't think that answers your question- sorry

Tim

#4

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:44 pm
by David Oslo
To also not answer your question (sorry) - I can say that I have rebuilt my servo using OEM repair kit parts (i.e. AP Lockheed) and it was quite simple to do. Just seals, diaphragm and gaskets and correct assembly method. Not rocket science. I am much happier with that than a no-brand replacement that ultimately has probably come from China.

#5

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:26 pm
by rolando38
on the Jag Mk2 french forum we had mixed results in ordering repro servos at a otherwise reputed seller starting from B and finishin with a TT

they generally fit OK with minimum modifications but some were leaking or blcoked, others worked perfectly...lottery