I've a bit of a dilema regarding the above. See picture below:

I took the above when dismantling the diff to send to AJS engineering for overhaul. Now done and looking a treat. (See image below)
When I took off the mountings, these two shims were on one side only, the other side not shimmed at all. I put the mounts and the shims in the parts cleaner to soak and this is where the problem has arisen. The crap on the shims when I took them out hid the fact that there weren't two separate shims, but numerous thin shims all stuck together on each side of this mount. The parts cleaner did its thing cleaned off the crap and I now have multiple thin shims and no idea of what went where.
Would it be safe to assume shimmimg would be equally split between front and back?
Are these the shimms that effect wheel camber angle?
Is it odd that there were only shims on one side? Pretty certain this whole IRS has been stripped and rebuilt before with some odd findings in this strip down.
Pictures of the overhauled Diff back from Alan at AJS Engineering...included just because think it looks great as a lump of engineering in its own right.


Kev





