Post
by Craig Balzer » Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:16 pm
That is the thermostatic valve whose main purpose is emission control.
There are early and late versions and minor differences whether your car has a manual or auto transmission.
It is shown in the upper right corner of this page from SNG Barratt's
https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/us/F ... mbly/18158
As yours sits now, you have one or more vacuum leaks; the various ports are activated by engine temp and -- I think -- RPM.
I would ensure your "specialist" replaces the vacuum lines as original.
These may help

/

/
I replaced mine with a housing from a 1971 V12

-
Attachments
-

- 2~1190800376.jpg (155.83 KiB) Viewed 121 times
-

- 1~1190800376.jpg (160.75 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Last edited by
Craig Balzer on Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Balzer
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
1972 Series III OTS, 4-Speed (soon-to-be a Guy Broad 5-Speed), A/C, CWW