Anyway back to the clutch, on finally getting to it I was surprised to find that it was only part worn, however, the thrust bearing had completely worn out. I generally don?t drive with my foot on the clutch so I presume the fault was elsewhere.
I have the hydrostatic slave cylinder and I did put a light return spring on the operating fork, as suggested by someone of the forum. after putting in the new clutch. However, I do not really have any faith in the system and as Jaguar abandoned it I am inclined to do the same thing and replace it with the shorter version.
Is this a straight swap or do I have to retain the push rod etc? Also the bleed screw is at the bottom, as is mine, as anyone changed this to the top and if so does this create other problem as regards access?

[/img]




