Series 2 Heater Box

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
Candellara
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:06 am
Location: South East

#1 Series 2 Heater Box

Post by Candellara » Tue May 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Chaps

Thought i'd remove the heater box on the old girl this weekend and refinish it.

I've seen cars with the heater boxes both in gloss black and some in satin black. What's the correct factory finish?

Also, did the S2 have the "negative earth" warning riveted to the top of the heater box?

I'm not looking to do any upgrades to the fan at this point in time but any other hints & tips would be handy
69 4.2 FHC ex Race Car
F-Type V8S
Mercedes 300SL 107

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Heuer
Administrator
Posts: 15204
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:29 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire
Great Britain

#2

Post by Heuer » Tue May 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Gloss black for the S1 4.2's and S2's: http://www.jcna.com/library/concours/2006/e-type2.pdf
The negative earth yellow plate was discontinued in late 1969 I believe.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red
2026 Lexus LBX

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

KingRichard
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 8:27 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:
Netherlands

#3

Post by KingRichard » Tue May 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi,

My car is from april 1969 and doesn't have the yellow plate. Perhaps there was a difference between RHD UK cars (mine was) and US cars. But I'm not aware of that.

It was in gloss I believe, although little fainted at the time I refurbished it.

Regards,
Richard
E-type series 2 2+2 RHD 1969

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
Candellara
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:06 am
Location: South East

#4

Post by Candellara » Tue May 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks All

Don't think mine should have the plate (Oct 69) - there's certainly no old rivet roles
69 4.2 FHC ex Race Car
F-Type V8S
Mercedes 300SL 107

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic