Squeaky Sir Bill

Talk about E-Types here
User avatar

Topic author
PeterCrespin
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Contact:
United States of America

#1 Squeaky Sir Bill

Post by PeterCrespin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:52 pm

I suppose even in Blackpool there were people who spoke like this, but it's not how I expected him to sound. I guess people adopted a slightly different tone in those days when being recorded in a formal setting.

I came across this when researching stuff for the Journal on the aftermath from the big fire in 57. http://oldcoventryonfilm.vidmeup.com/vi ... eabc94.flv

Pete
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
PeterCrespin
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Contact:
United States of America

#2

Post by PeterCrespin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:55 pm

1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


christopher storey
Posts: 5698
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: cheshire , england
Great Britain

#3

Post by christopher storey » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:23 pm

Nothing squeaky on the link I listened to . There must be a fault on your sound system

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Mark Gordon
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
United States of America

#4

Post by Mark Gordon » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:30 pm

I think that I've seen some of those burned out hulks up for sale on Ebay with a "Buy It Now" price of $70,00+. :wink:
Mark

67 OTS 1E14988, 2015 Camry XSE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
PeterCrespin
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Contact:
United States of America

#5

Post by PeterCrespin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 pm

christopher storey wrote:Nothing squeaky on the link I listened to . There must be a fault on your sound system
Yeah, I listened to it on something different and he sounds a bit more normal. Nothing like your stentorian basso profundo though Chris, where even the stones of the courtroom quivered :-)
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic