Hi all, I found this yesterday and looks like something I could well be interested in buying.
Does anyone know the car or have any words of wisdom for me.
Kind regards,
Nick
http://www.classic-auctions.com/Auction ... 40449.aspx
Blue series 2 2+2 up for auction on 9/12 reg no. UAC 99G
#2
Hi Nick...well worth veiwing....check out xkedata.com to see if you can find some history on the car..you can search on the chassis or licence numbers.. Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
David Oslo
- Posts: 653
- Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:13 pm
- Location: Norway

#3
No words of wisdom, however from first look it does seem to be a solid car with a sensible history of work done on it. Price seems reasonable-ish and depending on who turns up at the auction you may walk away with a bargain (low twenties).
I ran my 2+2 with auto box for a year and it's not as bad as most would make it be. Using the 1 or 2 position on the selector you can still have fun at traffic lights or mid range traffic, and of course there is always the kick down. Check it works on your test drive.
Similarly many lament the +2 bit of the car, however I find it rather useful when doing the school run, which I would not be able to do without the rear seats. So in a way every cloud has a silver lining.
Happy hunting !
I ran my 2+2 with auto box for a year and it's not as bad as most would make it be. Using the 1 or 2 position on the selector you can still have fun at traffic lights or mid range traffic, and of course there is always the kick down. Check it works on your test drive.
Similarly many lament the +2 bit of the car, however I find it rather useful when doing the school run, which I would not be able to do without the rear seats. So in a way every cloud has a silver lining.
Happy hunting !
David
S1 2+2 '67 MOD conversion (going)
S2 OTS '70 (arriving)
S1 2+2 '67 MOD conversion (going)
S2 OTS '70 (arriving)
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4
You can also get your golf clubs in the 2+2 as well as the weekend luggage!
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
christopher storey
- Posts: 5698
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: cheshire , england

#5
Nice looking car, if a little gaudy inside, and a rather unusual and almost certainly non-Jaguar exterior paintjob . I always think S2 2+2 are the better looking cars because of the steeper slope on the windscreen . Price estimate : a little on the high side for an auto but the work done may justify it
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#6
I didn't like the interior colour; modern colour on an old car.
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


