Throttle return spring fork 4.2 rear ?

Technical advice Q&A

Topic author
Durango2k
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Germany
Germany

#1 Throttle return spring fork 4.2 rear ?

Post by Durango2k » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm

All,

I do have one "y" fork and one spring leftover.

I could not fit it to the rearmost carb. The frame was in the way.

How do I fit it ? I know the centre-and front ones look slightly different (mirrored ?)

For now, I have hung the spring to a different point, to keep the rear throttle disc closed.


Carsten
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

abowie
Posts: 4155
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 pm
Location: Australia
Australia

#2 Re: Throttle return spring fork 4.2 rear ?

Post by abowie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:12 am

The rear one is a triangular piece, different in shape from the other 2.
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
Durango2k
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Germany
Germany

#3 Re: Throttle return spring fork 4.2 rear ?

Post by Durango2k » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:44 am

I have seen that - will look for it. Did that change from 3.8 to 4.2 ? I have seen pics with 3 forks...

Carsten
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic