Wiper arm clip
#1 Wiper arm clip
I have a series 1 1/2 e type and the clip that holds the wiper arm to thr ball and socket is missing SNG dont list it any idear were i can buy one
Thanks John
Thanks John
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2 Re: Wiper arm clip
Hutson motor company have them. Speak to Andy
Angus 67 FHC 1E33656
61 OTS 875047
61 OTS 875047
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3 Re: Wiper arm clip
Are they making them? I seem to recall that someone is and I needed one for a customer's car last week.1954Etype wrote:Hutson motor company have them. Speak to Andy
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4 Re: Wiper arm clip
Don't think so. I think it might be Richard Smith.
Angus 67 FHC 1E33656
61 OTS 875047
61 OTS 875047
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5 Re: Wiper arm clip
If you mean the little "C" shaped clip with two ears on it, there are loads on E bay, you just need to know where to look.
A clue..........
They are not unique to E types, and are not necessarily used for wiper linkages.
Simon
A clue..........
They are not unique to E types, and are not necessarily used for wiper linkages.
Simon
Simon
1969 S2 OTS
1969 S2 OTS
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#6 Re: Wiper arm clip
Tell us more.....288gto wrote:If you mean the little "C" shaped clip with two ears on it, there are loads on E bay, you just need to know where to look.
A clue..........
They are not unique to E types, and are not necessarily used for wiper linkages.
Simon
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#7 Re: Wiper arm clip
Hi Andrew,
Landrover Series 1 and 2 throttle linkages, to name one.
I've seen them as low as £3.00 for the ball joint socket and clip.
In contrast I've seen "E type" ones go for £30.
Can I rely on you to keep it secret?
Simon
Landrover Series 1 and 2 throttle linkages, to name one.
I've seen them as low as £3.00 for the ball joint socket and clip.
In contrast I've seen "E type" ones go for £30.
Can I rely on you to keep it secret?
Simon
Simon
1969 S2 OTS
1969 S2 OTS
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#8 Re: Wiper arm clip
I'm now cornering the world market. Muahahahahahahaha!
Thanks for the hints; we're forever chasing these things.
Thanks for the hints; we're forever chasing these things.
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#9 Re: Wiper arm clip
You do realise that the global rare E type parts market is worth an estimated $38 billion? You could be making some dangerous and powerful enemies.abowie wrote:I'm now cornering the world market. Muahahahahahahaha!
Thanks for the hints; we're forever chasing these things.
Name withheld.
Simon
1969 S2 OTS
1969 S2 OTS
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |





