Door lock

Technical advice Q&A
User avatar

Topic author
Mich7920
Posts: 777
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:43 pm
Location: France
France

#1 Door lock

Post by Mich7920 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi All,
I think I have a problem with my door locks.
The " tooth wheel" move a lot. ( Thanks Chris for the photo )
Image
So when I close the door, the seal push and the door isn't in line with the body.
I remember there is somebody who restore his door lock but I didn't find the link.
Any ideas ?
thanks
Mich
Michel
1965 E Type FHC - On the road / 1963 E Type OTS - on the road after Angus Restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


paulsco
Posts: 825
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Great Britain

#2 Re: Door lock

Post by paulsco » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi Mitch,
I thought the same on mine, but I am fairly certain this is normal.
I did read somewhere that this was the case, but I cannot find it now.

Counter intuitively, if you move the striker outwards slightly the 'tooth wheel' may be able to lock, when it may have been between locking positions before.

This link may be of some use in adjusting your doors:

https://forums.jag-lovers.com/t/e-type- ... ment/80679

Paul
65 Series 1 FHC, 68 Jaguar 340

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
Mich7920
Posts: 777
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:43 pm
Location: France
France

#3 Re: Door lock

Post by Mich7920 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:53 am

Hi Paul,

I read and read and read...(English isn't my first language...) your link and into the KB " door fitting guide1 and 2"
and my doors are ok now.
I noticed that the difference between correct and nearly perfect is about 1 hours for each door !

Thanks
Mich
Michel
1965 E Type FHC - On the road / 1963 E Type OTS - on the road after Angus Restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic