Talk about the E-Type Series 1
-
Topic author
Series1 Stu
- Posts: 1808
- Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:26 pm
- Location: Shropshire

Post
by Series1 Stu » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:56 pm
Hi
Among a thousand other jobs, I'm refitting the boot boards in my FHC.
My boards are from BAS and the spare wheel cover has this recess which appears to be for a ring to help lift the board. The parts manual does not mention any hardware for this feature and I don't believe that I've seen it on any other 3.8 cars. It may be there for use in later cars with the hard covers. See photo.
I just thought that I would check with the collective whether there is a use for this on the 3.8 and whether there is any hardware associated with it. If not, I think I will bore it through to poke a finger through to help with extracting the board.
Regards
Stuart
If you can't make it work, make it complicated!
'62 FHC - Nearing completion
'69 Daimler 420 Sovereign
'93 Jaguar X300 XJR basket case
'93 Audi 80 quatrro Sport
-
ysmalkie
- Posts: 550
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:11 am
- Location: Poland

Post
by ysmalkie » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:08 pm
Hi Stu,
I have original boards from '63 - There is a hole there. I can measure it up for you tomorrow. PM me if you do not get the ino elsewhere.
Tadek
Tadek
e-type S1 3.8 FHC - in restoration phase...
Jaguar XK120 OTS
Austin-Healey 100 BN2
-
Topic author
Series1 Stu
- Posts: 1808
- Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:26 pm
- Location: Shropshire

Post
by Series1 Stu » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:30 am
Thanks Tadek
I just went ahead and opened up the circular part of the recess using a 28mm flat wood drill. It looks fine and works well. I'm just waiting for the spring plate fixing screws to arrive and then I can consider the boot boards complete (apart from fitting the press studs for the boot Hardura mats).
Regards
Stuart
If you can't make it work, make it complicated!
'62 FHC - Nearing completion
'69 Daimler 420 Sovereign
'93 Jaguar X300 XJR basket case
'93 Audi 80 quatrro Sport