Safely replacing heater hoses?

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#1 Safely replacing heater hoses?

Post by iani » Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:34 pm

I'd like to replace all my heater hoses, is it safe to remove them and fit new or do I risk the pipes pushing inside the bulkhead?

Ian
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

abowie
Posts: 4155
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 pm
Location: Australia
Australia

#2 Re: Safely replacing heater hoses?

Post by abowie » Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:25 am

The pipes should be help in place with rivets.
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1979 MGB (supercharged).
Adelaide, Australia

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#3 Re: Safely replacing heater hoses?

Post by iani » Sun Oct 04, 2026 6:06 am

abowie wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:25 am
The pipes should be help in place with rivets.
Thanks Andrew
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

mgcjag
Moderator
Posts: 9235
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: Ludlow Shropshire
Great Britain

#4 Re: Safely replacing heater hoses?

Post by mgcjag » Sun Oct 04, 2026 7:28 am

I have pulled the hoses and found very corroded ends to the pipes....but better to find out now....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
iani
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#5 Re: Safely replacing heater hoses?

Post by iani » Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:05 pm

mgcjag wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 04, 2026 7:28 am
I have pulled the hoses and found very corroded ends to the pipes....but better to find out now....Steve
I hope not, I’m already stressing over the lack of washer tubing!
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic