What thread is on the clutch pushrod?

Talk about the E-Type Series 2

Topic author
Zei220
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:55 pm
Location: Sandbach, Cheshire
Great Britain

#1 What thread is on the clutch pushrod?

Post by Zei220 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:26 pm

It looks like I need the make a longer pushrod for the clutch, does anyone know what thread is used on the oringinal or what threaded rod I need?

Thanks.
S2 4.2 FHC
Ford F100 pickup
JAGUAR S-type
BMW R1300RS
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough..."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


MarekH
Posts: 1763
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 pm
Location: Surrey
Great Britain

#2 Re: What thread is on the clutch pushrod?

Post by MarekH » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:38 pm

If you are making your own, then it doesn't matter, does it? Just use a matching nut for the bolt you chose. I think you'll find it is probably a 5/16 unf bolt rounded at one end.

kind regards
Marek

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic