I had my new windscreen fitted today and the fitter pointed out that the chrome side finishers are secured in place with screws, and shouldn't be! I can't say I had ever noticed!
I will be getting the car painted in the near future, and will have the opportunity to remove and replace them. It looks from SNG and MR that they are NLA and part numbers are not listed. Is there anyone that makes repro ones, or am I better off getting the originals filled and rechromed? Does anyone know the original part numbers so I can set up an ebay search in hope...?
Series 1 2+2 windscreen side chromes
-
Knightrider
Topic author - Posts: 112
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2025 7:03 pm
- Location: High Wycombe, UK

#2 Re: Series 1 2+2 windscreen side chromes
Hi,
Can you post pictures ? I have an early 2+2, and from memory there were screws, yes…
Kind regards,
Carsten
Can you post pictures ? I have an early 2+2, and from memory there were screws, yes…
Kind regards,
Carsten
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Knightrider
Topic author - Posts: 112
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2025 7:03 pm
- Location: High Wycombe, UK

#3 Re: Series 1 2+2 windscreen side chromes
I should get the car back next week - will post some pics then.
Looking at some other auction pictures online, I can't see screws... Unless they changed during production...
Looking at some other auction pictures online, I can't see screws... Unless they changed during production...
Simon
1966 Series 1 2+2
1966 Series 1 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4 Re: Series 1 2+2 windscreen side chromes
My 66 has screws, both sides match in hole pattern too.
Was the fitter using the screws as an excuse for a poor fit?
Was the fitter using the screws as an excuse for a poor fit?
Sean
S1 2+2 1966 BW RHD
XK120 1954 comp LHD
S1 2+2 1966 BW RHD
XK120 1954 comp LHD
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5 Re: Series 1 2+2 windscreen side chromes
My 1966 2+2 ( now sold) definitely didn’t have screws securing the side chromes. Neither does my ‘68 OTS
Tim
Tim
Series 1 FHC purchased 50 years ago. Courted my wife in it.
Series 1 2+2 when the kids were small now sold.
Series 1.5 OTS in opalescent maroon, Californian car. My retirement present.
Series 1 2+2 when the kids were small now sold.
Series 1.5 OTS in opalescent maroon, Californian car. My retirement present.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Knightrider
Topic author - Posts: 112
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2025 7:03 pm
- Location: High Wycombe, UK

#6 Re: Series 1 2+2 windscreen side chromes
No - he got it fitting well. It was just bugging him!
Simon
1966 Series 1 2+2
1966 Series 1 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#7 Re: Series 1 2+2 windscreen side chromes
The chrome side finishers don't seem to be available from Barratts but they do list the screws!
Mine have holes that match the holes in the A pillars but I wonder with modern body adhesives if they are really necessary...

Mine have holes that match the holes in the A pillars but I wonder with modern body adhesives if they are really necessary...

1967 2+2...now in less than a thousand pieces!... 
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Knightrider
Topic author - Posts: 112
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2025 7:03 pm
- Location: High Wycombe, UK

#8 Re: Series 1 2+2 windscreen side chromes
Interesting... So it appears that some cars had screws from factory....?
Simon
1966 Series 1 2+2
1966 Series 1 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



